According to Michael J. Mirro, M.D., of the Indiana University School of Medicine, more and more device clinics are moving to a remote-centric care model, the HRS recommended modality of care for cardiac implantable electronic device (CIED) management.
A study in Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine(1), lays out the benefits of remote CIED management including:
- Remote monitoring allows for earlier detection of atrial fibrillation over standard follow up.
- Overall healthcare utilization (hospitalization, emergency department visits, and office visits) is reduced.
- Compressing the time between the occurrence of an ICD alert (e.g., arrhythmia) and a clinical decision or change in clinical management.
- In addition to clinical benefits, CIED management programs that include remote monitoring have been shown to be cost-effective and associated with high patient satisfaction.
- The tremendous wealth of information recorded and stored by CIEDs has become increasingly available to health care providers without face-to-face interaction.
This wealth of information is growing astronomically. New devices and an aging population are combining to rapidly expand the cardiac device patient population. Moreover, these advanced new devices are transmitting more data on a more frequent basis than ever before.
Many clinics seeking to better manage their cardiac device patients simply lack the staffing resources, either temporarily or in perpetuity. In these cases, outsourcing can be a great fix.
Until Murj, clinics who wished to outsource remote cardiac device management were forced to use antiquated home-grown software from the service provider and/or ask the service provider to VPN into the clinics’ internal systems. Both those alternatives have been proven to be slow, inefficient and create security risks. Murj frees clinics to choose from among great software and great outsourcing vendors with no hassles, no IT struggles, and no security risks.
Clinics who outsource can choose Murj’s innovative encrypted cloud-based software and an Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility (IDTF) or outsourced service provider of their choice, including those who meet Murj’s stringent standards for quality of service and ethical practices.
To help clinics find IDTFs and service providers with track records of experience and customer satisfaction, Murj has introduced the Murj Certified Service Partners Program.
The Murj Certified Service Partners are some of the most respected and experienced service providers in the industry, including Equis Consulting Group, Prep MD, Cardiac RMS, and Heartwatch Solutions. These partners bring extensive remote service management experience, managing more than 100,000 cardiac device patients nationwide.
With Murj, no longer are clinics forced to choose a single vendor’s software and services when outsourcing. When a clinic wants the very best software to manage their CIED patients and the very best in 3rd party service provider or IDTF to help in remote care, they can rely on Murj and its partners.
For more information about the Murj Certified Partner Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.